Below are some of the ways to connect and serve with our local missions partners.
Our main local partner is Branches of Hope and they work with refugees, asylum seekers, and trafficking victims in Hong Kong. Here’s one of their initiatives:
Stop Trafficking of People (STOP.) is an initiative under the Branches of Hope that works in partnership with the local community to end human trafficking in and through Hong Kong. They respond to victims’ needs in four ways: (1) Legal Referral & Social Assistance, (2) Community Outreach, (3) Network Building, and (4) Public Education.
We are looking for committed, passionate and interested individuals to help with below areas of our work.
- Translation (English <-> Chinese)
- Interpretation (Sinhalese, Bahasa Indonesian and Tagalog)
- Graphic design
- Pray for the survivors we work with.
- Pray for a raising sense of awareness in Hong Kong.
- Pray for the establishment of an anti-trafficking legislation in Hong Kong.
- Pray for God to be the liberator we believe he is and to bring freedom to these survivors.
Bethany offers a place of rest, encouragement, and restoration for Christian cross-cultural workers and their families serving in Asia and beyond as well as for pastors, Christian workers, and church members in Hong Kong. They are committed to providing Pastoral Care or Member Care.
- Volunteer to lead worship for guests/staff (one time or ongoing) at Bethany.
- Volunteer shopper(s) to purchase supplies in Hong Kong and send to Cheung Chau once a month.
- Please pray for health and safety for all our guests, staff, their families. Our staff often have family burdens at home, for example, an ailing family member who need healing.
- Our guests are visiting Bethany tired or burned out from full-time ministry and/or rough and dangerous mission fields. Please pray for them to be able to find rest and restoration in Jesus during their time spent in Bethany.
Driven by the same vision as Habitat International that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat Hong Kong is dedicated to raising awareness of the need for decent, affordable housing and harnessing resources to improve living conditions for families across the Asia-Pacific region, including China since 2006. The local programme “Project Home Works” also provides a hand-up to low-income families, the elderly and the disabled in Hong Kong through home repairs by local volunteers.
- We are looking for volunteers to participate in our “Project Home Works” programme, which seeks to improve home environments and sanitation while building community spirit and hope. We coordinate with social services and/or local NGOs to identify the most vulnerable, and Habitat volunteers then work alongside a skilled contractor to create a decent place to live.
- Please pray that God to guide and bless the work of Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong as we continue to repair and improve homes in Hong Kong, as well as provide decent homes, access to water and carry out strong advocacy work in other parts of the world.
Since August 1965, the Home of Loving Faithfulness (HOLF) has opened its doors to provide lifelong Christian love and care to children and adults with special needs ranging from mild to severe mental and physical disabilities.
- Volunteers to run activities and training for our residents.
- Please pray for the recruitment of:
– A new leader for HOLF
– Care workers
- Please pray that God will guide those to come who have a servant heart for HOLF.
Hope international invests in the dreams of families in the world’s underserved communities through proclaiming and living the gospel of Christ, as well as providing biblically based training, saving services, and loans that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty. The HOPE network currently serves throughout Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
- Pray for growth in the saving group programmes here in Hong Kong. People to grow in their knowledge of both financial management and God’s love for them.
Founded in 1994, Inner City Ministries is an interdenominational Christian mission based in Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon that offers care ministry, social, educational programmes to the urban poor amongst Hong Kong’s South Asian ethnic minority community.
- Kid’s Club – Volunteer with a team or individually. Fun Bible activities, worship, craft and drama activities.
- Teens on Friday – Young volunteers ready to team up with our staff in a growing ministry.
- Men’s outreach – Looking for volunteers for various activities, hikes, organised once a month to appeal to the men of our community.
- Sewing Ministry – Looking for a skilful volunteer teacher, who can teach in advance level of sewing. At least one day a week.
- A bilingual administrative staff – to assist with design work, and communications with Local churches and organisations.
- Pray for our new mission strategies to be effective in reaching people in the community.
- As the new Men’s Ministry is getting started, pray for it to reach many men’s lives.
- The family ministry is in need of prayers, especially for those who accepted Christ recently to be rooted in him. Please pray for peace and strength to be upon those who are going through family persecutions.
Since 1993, International China Concern (ICC) has been committed to providing care, education, quality of life, values and love to abandoned children with disabilities in China. ICC seeks to support and care for Chinese families with disabled children to end abandonment once and for all.
- Serve as a long-term volunteer. ICC is currently seeking nurses, physical and occupational therapists, special education teachers and pastoral care support to serve for 3-month to 2-year periods working with local staff to meet the children’s needs.
- Become a family partner or child sponsor to help ICC end abandonment of disabled children in China.
- Volunteer with our fundraising team in Hong Kong to raise vital funds to continue the work.
- Walk The Wall 2019
Date: Sat, 23rd November, 2019
Time: 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Tai Po
Registration and More Information: walkthewall.org/hongkong
- Pray for the new team members in the Changsha team that they would continue to settle in well.
- Thank God for the Walk the Wall fundraising event recently held in Hong Kong and pray for the upcoming events in Singapore and Europe.
- Pray for the health of the children and sustenance of the organisation.
- Commit to praying regularly for the children at ICC using our prayer calendar! (www.chinaconcern.org/prayer-calendar)
Sons and Daughters helps those trapped in the commercial sex industry to reclaim a life of love, family, and freedom. They connect with exploited individuals through weekly outreaches, offering free gifts, genuine relationship, and an invitation to our drop-in centre, located in the heart of the red-light district. They also offer free skills-based classes and a safe space for women to rest and be awakened to new possibilities. Individuals who choose to leave the commercial sex industry then enter into their aftercare programme. There individuals receive counselling, discipleship, casework and further skills training to equip women to return to their home countries.
- Outreach Volunteers (Female and Male)
- Worship Leaders for Outreach Nights
- For Full-time House Mom position to be filled.
- For our outreach teams to strengthened in number and boldness.
- For Section 88 status to be received quickly.
VIVA is an international children’s charity passionate about releasing children from poverty and abuse by growing and equipping locally-led networks who are committed to ensuring that children are safe, well and able to fulfil their God-given potential. In Hong Kong, they are advocacy for proactive child safeguarding in organisations that are serving children and have partnered with 15 organisations and churches to provide child protection training and policies.
Please come back later for more opportunities.
- Please pray that more local churches and organisations be willing to partner with us in strengthening child protection protocols within their organisations.
- Please pray for VIVA’s global work for children who are vulnerable to abuse, trafficking, poverty and neglect.
- Please pray for God’s protection and strength for our local network leaders trying to create change for vulnerable children with many working under hostile governments.